Attorney cost to set up a conservatorship of the estate

San Francisco, CA |

how much is a reasonable rate for an attorney to set up a conservatorship of the estate in San Francisco Probate Court for my dad. I know fees vary, but this is an uncontested case, appears to be straightforward. I want to know what is the average rate to set up a conservatorship of the estate in San Francisco and how much should i expect to spend? 5 thousand? Less? More? Ballpark figures are fine, I just need to know how much this will cost, on average.

This is a logical question but a tough one. Every attorney charges differently so the rates could be a few thousand or more. I suggest you interview by phone a few different attorneys n

2. I would agree with Attorney James. I would just point out, however, that if the attorney's fees are going to be paid from your dad's assets, the court must approve the fees before they can be paid. In those cases, it would not be appropriate for the attorney to receive a retainer.

Disclaimer: The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. My responses are intended to provide general information about the question posted. I am licensed to practice in the state of California. The information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for conferring with or hiring a competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your state.

3. Attorney fees are usually dependent upon regional factors. You need to ask local attorneys in your area as you interview them. Sometimes cheapest isn't the way to go. You need experience and in the end that is always the cheapest way to go.

4. Very difficult to say; the rates vary with the attorneys. Call a few attorneys in your area and ask for a quote.

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response is for educational purposes only. I have not met with you and I am not knowledgeable about the specific details of your case. Each case is unique and different. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you contact and meet with a licensed criminal defense attorney to discuss your specific circumstances. In addition, an attorney-client relationship is not created by virtue of this response.

Wills and estates topics