Attorney consultation in Chicago for a standard job offer / employment agreement. Needs to be today or tomorrow (Saturday).

Chicago, IL |

I would like to go over the document and ask some simple questions about the employment agreement, non-compete, etc.

Of courser I am willing to pay but need to schedule an appointment in Chicago today or tomorrow (Saturday). I have to return the signed offer letter on Monday. Thanks!

1. Congrats on the offer. I don't think that there are many Chicago labor attorneys on the board today - you would have better luck using Google to find someone close to you quickly. This is extraordinarily short timing in the legal world - not saying that a willing attorney isn't out there, but it's a holiday weekend and to get a rush job is going to cost extra.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.

2. This Q&A form is not set up for posting help-wanted notices. Try going to the top of this page and clicking on the Find a Lawyer tab. Should be able to locate a number of attorneys who practice near you and handle them when the contracts. Unfortunately this is the end of a week in the beginning of the holiday weekend. Good lock and best wishes with your new job.

3. There are no simple questions. I recommend you speak to an experienced employment attorney. Many of us will provide a free consultation.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. You should be aware that no attorney-client relationship is established through this answer and none will be established without a personal consultation and the signing of an engagement agreement.