Attorney + fraudulent financial statements

Boston, MA |

What recourse is there when an attorney files and supports with written and verbal statements fraudulent financial statements?

Following the court hearing, the lawyer filed an emergency ex-parte motion asking for a lien on his property stating that he has a history of hiding and moving property. It was an issue I brought up and the attorney and my ex denied it.

Can I sue the attorney?

You can't sue a lawyer for what they file in court because there's a "litigation privilege" that covers all documents filed in or in anticipation of litigation.

LItigation provides many opportunities to refute the statements of the other side - opposing declaration, impeachment, and cross-examination, to name a few. Get your own lawyer to level this playing field.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL ME OR PHONE ME. I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls, and you shouldn't expect me to respond to your further questions if you haven't hired me. We need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. This answer doesn't constitute legal advice, and shouldn't be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes