Attended a US citizenship interview on Aug 13, re-interview letter was given for Dec 5. Can I take infopass and go earlier?

Parsippany, NJ |

I have attended citizenship interview on 13 Aug, and i was asked for tax transcripts which i could not produce in interview. I was asked to attend for re-interview on 5th Dec 2012. I got the tax transcripts from IRS yesterday. Should I wait till Dec 5, or I can take infopass and meet any USCIS officer before that?

Don't create any waves. Wait for December 5th. You won't get an earlier date anyway. And if you are smart, you'll go to the second interview accompanied by an immigration attorney.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with the prior answer. Infopass will not take your documents. If you submit them ahead there is a good chance they will get lost. Be patient, go to the interview on the 5th. It would be wise to review your case with an immigration attorney soon in case there is any other aspect that requires attention.

I agree. You could potentially hand-deliver your tax return documents, however, you will not get an earlier date. You may only request for an earlier date if you have a true emergency.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

The date will not be expedited. You should retain an immigration attorney to review the documents and accompany you to the interview.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Recommended articles about Immigration