Skip to main content

At what age in the state of Maryland will the court consider the opinion of the child in a child custody matter?

Whitehall, PA |

I recently filed motions to Registrar and Enforce a Pa child Custody Order. I haven't seen nor heard from my son in 7 months and I believe at this point the mother will suggest to the courts that the child no longer wants to visit. At this point Parental Alienation on her part is a factor and there are many moving part in this case.

Attorney Answers 2


If the case is heard by the Pennsylvania court the judge will meet with child and consider the child's well reasoned preferences based upon the child's age and maturity. You will need a lawyer to prove parental alienation.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


In Pennsylvania courts, the younger a child is the less likely their opinion/preference matters in a judge's determination of custody.

Disclaimer: This response does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics