At what age in Missouri can a child discontinue court ordered visitation?

Asked over 2 years ago - Sedalia, MO

My son's mother has told me that at age 12 in Missouri that my son could stop coming to my house for my visitation.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Henry Paul Elster

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . There should be a provision in your parenting plan addressing this issue.

    But, more pertinently, child custody orders in Missouri are based primarily, if not exclusively, on the best interests of the child. Assuming that your child is old enough and mature enough to voice his/her own opinions, if he/she does not want to visit a particular parent, that may carry the day. You can't force a child to do something he/she does not want to do.

    If you would like to change the custody arrangement, you would have to file a Motion to Modify.

    I am not your attorney. I do not represent you. This response is submitted for informational purposes only. This... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,288 answers this week

3,209 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,288 answers this week

3,209 attorneys answering