At what age can a child decide which parent to live with in Washington state?

Vancouver, WA |

What is the legal age a child can choose which parent they want to live with and to be the Primary Parent?

The child does not get to make the decision. So they have no decision until age 18. The court decides. Sometimes, depending on the judge, you can get the court to interview the child and take their desire into consideration, but generally, the court decides what the parenting arrangement shall be, not the child.

First of all I would like anybody that seeks any legal advice over the Internet or in person from Josephine Townson needs to Google her name. Miss Johnson once was tired from the city of Vancouver causing the highest paid wrongful discharge in a discrimination case. Her depositions were scheelite can be found online as well. You can also look up an article posted on Mars Larsons webpage called the other side of tracks where Josephine Townsen abuse any and all ethnic call sources in order to slander and see people behind their backs. a few months back Josephina Townsend had put her name in to the governor to be appointed to a judgeship. First I don't understand how Josephine Townsend has been able to not be disbarred by all of her on ethical practices thank God she was not appointed to that position but I will advise you that some of the attorneys in Clark County have signed on Satan dotted line in order to collaborate with just as corrupt judges in this county. Just Poyfair would be perfect example fleeing town before his term was up at the end of this year not showing up for his court date. Judge Poyfair was highlighted on local news as abusing his authority as well as other judges in this county as Judge Wully, and Judge Rullie

Please excuse the spelling mistakes. I accidentally hit the send button before I had the opportunity to go back and make changes. But if you use your imagination and see beyond on the spelling mistakes, and then take some time to Google her name, it starts to paint a pretty grim picture of what kind of people our allowed to practice in Clark County"s court system. I think some of the most disturbing issues you can find with just a few taps on your computer is. That Josephine Townson is often appointed by a selet few (minus one Judge Poyfair) presiding judges not following the standard next in line Child advocate. To act as a guardian to the most precious thing in your life, your child, and make recommendations to that judge, as to what is best for your child. This would be known as a guardian ad litem. I'm not sure if this woman even has children of her own let alone be allowed to make decisions about your child after being found guilty of lying in the 2008 wrongful discharge discrimination case against Officer Sharma. Another misspelling referenced above would be Lars Larson not Mars Larson in an article written on his website called the other side of the tracks. It involves a local psychologist experiencing extreme abuse via our court system only to find out after some extensive digging through court file that Josephine Townson who does not have a psychology degree had written a comment in the court file that she, the psychologist had mental health issues and should not be allowed to practice. these are just some of the things readily available to read on the Internet Lord knows what else she has done to try to further her career and become one of the good old boys in Vancouver. But please, don't get me wrong because there are a handful of decent attorneys in this town unwilling to sign on Satan dotted line. and the unfortunate problem you face when hiring that decent attorney is they often get beat up in court for not playing the game. There is one thing that I can assure you ofband that is there is no such thing as attorney-client privilege in this town. So before you decide to trust any one attorney in Clark County. I would highly suggest you ask as many questions to as many people as humanly possible, and to exhaust the Internet by just typing an attorney's name into any search engine and proceed to addi combinations of attorneys and court appointed psychologist to find out who seems to have a pattern of the winning side. and while I'm Scolinew on who to avoid or how to avoid a bad situation at all costs demanded that Dr. Kirk Johnson and Dr. Poppleton not be allowed to become involved in your case. These men absolutely are tied to certain attorneys and certain judges rendering unspeakable parenting plans that include parents even losing their children altogether. Trust me. You'll will be surprised what you'll find out and who is allowed to continue to practice law. The point I am trying to drive home in this comment is that most certainly. Josephine Townson was absolutely fired from the city in 2008 for lying during federally investigated depositions, Yet she was not stripped of license to practice or disbarred. Josephine Townson CLAIMS to be acting on the behalf of what's in the best interest of your child but I can I sure you that after doing some digging. You will find out this poor excuse for an attorney, (that should have been disbarred) 100% acts only on, and what becomes painfully obvious is: What's the best interest of Josephine Townsend. What really chaps my ass is that because she's allowed to practice in this manner. She actually had the audacity to put her name into the Washington State's Governor's office for consideration to be appointed as a judge. Replacing the corrupt out-of-control Judge Poyfair. Do your homework and stay as far away as possible from the people mentioned in this comment. And I urge anyone who has had a questionable dealings with Josephine Townshend or has future questionable encounters with this Townson to bombard the Bar Association and any state agency with any

There is no magic age when children get to decide where to live. The best interest of the child is the standard.

The law regarding a child's 'right'* to choose is a matter for each State and jurisdiction. The judge in most States, not the child, makes the decision based on the best interest of the child. Although not a standard by any means, many States have begun to give 'consideration' to a child's declaration of custodial preference when the child reaches the age of twelve or thirteen, sometimes fourteen. There are even cases when children of age 9 are allowed to testify.

The judge is normally given almost unlimited latitude in whether or not she or he listens to a child and how much weight to give to the child's wishes. In short, there is no specific "age" but the younger the child the less likely for a judge to give the stated preference much weight.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed WI professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Child custody topics