At the risk of being laughed at, how long do I need to wait to be considered for a mortgage refi after having a modification?

Asked about 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I'm in CA and my mortgage is held by Chase. My aim is to lower the interest rate, 6.5%, and avoid the balloon payment, thought it's many, many years down the road of $255,000. I would also like to push it to a 40 year mortgage to lower payments. Could this be a possibility at some point?

1. Sean Sullivan Hanley

Answered . This is clearly a question for your lender. Lenders all have different policies and practices regarding their mortgage plans, etc...

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Answered . Yes, this could be a possibility at any point in time. All you have to do is ask your lender (or a different lender who is willing to refi).