At the age of 17, in Texas can you move out?

Newark, TX |

If I leave a note telling my parents I am okay, and that I will keep in contact can I move out at 17.

1. If you move out... your parents will possibly report to the police a "missing child." Technically you are not missing child if your whereabouts are known to your parents. Just in case... I would contact local law enforcement to see their policy on whether they would pursue a missing child complaint, and thus retrieve you and bring you back to you parents (even if your whereabouts are known to your parents, as stated in the Texas Penal Code. Good Luck,

BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! Steve Hamer answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

2. I'd say maybe yes on the law, but I'd say probably no on strategy. You might want to run it by your parents first.

Traffic tickets topics