At 17 I was charged with petty theft I'm now 18 I'm in the probation period will this show on a job backround check ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kingston, NY

At radio shack the guy asked if I had any felonys and guaranteed a backround check
The arrest happened in manhattan ny I now live in kingston

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . Petit Larceny is a misdemeanor but if the case is not sealed it will show up on a background check. There are ways to get it sealed sooner assuming you plead to a non-crime.

2. James K. Lyder

3

Answered . Unless you got juvenile offender treatment, this will most definitely show up on a background check. You should contact a lawyer to get a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities, which will help you when looking for a job.

3. Vincent Peter White

2

Answered . It depends on the depth of the background check.