Asylum Question

New Brunswick, NJ |

I had political asylum interview on the first week of February at Newark Asylum office. The next week I received a notice of intent to deny (NOID) because I have valid legal status in the United States. I had 16 days to explain in writing either why the claim should be granted or I needed to submit new evidence to support the claim. I submitted my new evidence within 16 days but it has been 40 days since the submission, I haven't received any feedback yet. What are the chances of getting approved here since it has been quite a while? Is it true that the longer it takes the more positive the result would be?

1. I think this is a re-posted question. Please refer to the previous answers

2. Length of time to receive a decision has less to do with the decision than the workload in the office.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. Processing time has absolutely nothing to do with whether a case is approved or not.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.