Asylum Question

Asked over 1 year ago - New Brunswick, NJ

I had political asylum interview on the first week of February at Newark Asylum office. The next week I received a notice of intent to deny (NOID) because I have valid legal status in the United States. I had 16 days to explain in writing either why the claim should be granted or I needed to submit new evidence to support the claim. I submitted my new evidence within 16 days but it has been 40 days since the submission, I haven't received any feedback yet. What are the chances of getting approved here since it has been quite a while? Is it true that the longer it takes the more positive the result would be?

1. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

4

1

Answered . I think this is a re-posted question. Please refer to the previous answers

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

1

Answered . Length of time to receive a decision has less to do with the decision than the workload in the office.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . Processing time has absolutely nothing to do with whether a case is approved or not.