Asylum interview in 2 weeks

but still have not had biometrics. What happens? will I have interview? will they do biometrics there? will they do biometrics after?

Miami, FL -

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Sometimes the Biometrics appointment comes after the scheduled interview. The interview should still take place but you cannot be given a final approval until the biometrics have been taken and are clear.

Meredith Riley Brown

Meredith Riley Brown

Immigration Attorney - Glendale, CA

At least in my area of practice (Los Angeles area), biometrics are done first. I would go to the interview, but if you are not prepared and /or do not have an attorney, I would ask for an extension and take the time to prepare for the interview both in terms of your oral testimony and your written supporting evidence.

Rebecca T White

Rebecca T White

Immigration Attorney - Seattle, WA

You need to attend your interview, and I strongly suggest you be as prepared as possible for the interview. Affirmative asylum interviews are typically the best situation for a grant of asylum. If you have not already done so, I suggest you hire an attorney to review your claim and prepare you for the interview process.