Skip to main content

Asylum interview Delay

Long Beach, CA |
Filed under: Political asylum

Dears ,

I am in Los angeles county and i am on F2 Visa . I have applied to asylum on Feb/01/2013 . And i have received my FP letter and done it at Feb/8/2013 .

Till then i didnt hear back from them . No interview letter nothing. So my question is as following ....

Since i am on F2 Visa and on status , Does it takes more time than expected ?

Do i have to send them something after the fingerprint , even though my my lawyer doesn't ask me to do such thing.

Please advice as i need to work since my financial situation is so bad and have kids and they are Americans by born.

Please Guys advice me ASAP .

Thanks and Regards ,
Abuborno .

Attorney Answers 3


No, there is nothing you have to send. Your application will be processed and a decision rendered in due course. It is unlikely that you will get a work permit unless your asylum application is approved. I suggest you express your concerns to your attorney.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment



Thanks for your prompt response . So upon 151-180 days, am i illegible to apply and grant an EAD ??? Thanks for your assistance once again


Be patient. It takes more than a few weeks to get an appointment, and rarely do asylum applicants qualify for a work permit.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

14 lawyers agree


First, it is not a delay at all. You have to send them nothing. Just be patient please.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics