Asylum decision time

Asked 12 months ago - San Diego, CA

My case has been pending for more than 7 months now based on political.
When I went into lot of forums, I found out that, if someone is denied/referred or issued NOID, it happens within 2-4 weeks but if the case goes pending for many months, it generally means approval pending background checks. How true is this information? It might not be 100% accurate but based on your experiences, to what extent is this information relevant? I am really worried as it has been a while so if this information is even little relevant then I can wait happily and peacefully.

Thank You

I meant after the interview stage not waiting for the interview.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . Not true. Most asylum cases now take 9-12 months to reach the interview stage. Please see

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

3

Answered . It is not true at all. There is no guarantee a case will be approved or denied. You need to wait until you receive a final decision.