Asylum case pending with work permit approved after 150 time period.

Asked 12 months ago - Woodside, NY

Hi,
I have asylum case pending in NY with finger print done and waiting for interview letter. In meanwhile after 150 time period applied for work permit and got approved. I got approval letter in which it specify the time period of work authorized i.e. one year . But however I was expecting to get actual card with picture on it. I need to apply SSN now I am wondering do I need to wait actual card to arrive before applying SSN or that approval letter is my EAD and I will not get any actual card picture on it.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . You should receive the actual card very soon.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . You will get it soon. Letter comes first. Card will come in several days. If you had a lawyer, the lawyer would get a letter, you would get a card and would have no idea about the letter.

3. Carolyn Jean Fuchs

4

Answered . You need the card. Call the 800 number or check the status online at USCIS.gov.

4. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

Answered . You will receive a card with picture on it. Present this to SSA for the issuance of a SS card.