Skip to main content

Asylum case pending with work permit approved after 150 time period.

Woodside, NY |

I have asylum case pending in NY with finger print done and waiting for interview letter. In meanwhile after 150 time period applied for work permit and got approved. I got approval letter in which it specify the time period of work authorized i.e. one year . But however I was expecting to get actual card with picture on it. I need to apply SSN now I am wondering do I need to wait actual card to arrive before applying SSN or that approval letter is my EAD and I will not get any actual card picture on it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need the card. Call the 800 number or check the status online at

Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please note further that any answer is based on a general question and other facts which are not disclosed may change the answer. The information provided is not legal advice but only intended to provide general information. Immigration law is complex and no one should make decisions without consulting a qualified attorney.


You will get it soon. Letter comes first. Card will come in several days. If you had a lawyer, the lawyer would get a letter, you would get a card and would have no idea about the letter.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You should receive the actual card very soon.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You will receive a card with picture on it. Present this to SSA for the issuance of a SS card.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer