Asylum Approved, I-485 Pending

Richmond, VA |

My asylum application which has been pending for over 21 months has just been approved. But, my I-485 adjustment of status application based on employment (EB2), which was filed while the asylum application was pending, is still pending for 14 months. My question is do you think USCIS will approve the adjustment of status application anytime or I will have to file another I-485 based on approved asylum? I know that I have to wait for one full year to apply for adjustment of status based on asylum. Please advise.

1. You can send CIS the asylum approval notice, and they can adjust you on either ground.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. You should consult with an immigration attorney to discuss the pros and cons of filing a second I-485 and how to follow-up on the EB-2 I-485.

3. Nothing in your post enables us to speculate regarding the EB2 case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. I agree with my colleagues. Consult your attorney who assisted with your EB-2 case.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.