Asylum

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

i have visit my home country 4 times i have a as 7 green card and i am a derivative not principal applicant is any problem for my natyralization proccess and why my green card is as 7 and no as 8 as my younger brother i was 21 when i got it
thank you again

1. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . As set forth in the minutes of the ASYLUM HQ/NGO LIAISON MEETING on March 6, 2007, USCIS has stated:

"Derivative asylees are permitted to travel to the principal’s country of persecution. Derivative asylees have not been granted asylum on their individual cases so CIS would not seek to terminate their asylum status upon such travel. However, normal procedures would still have CBP questioning the derivative asylees when they re-entered the United States."

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

2. Heather Roberts Majam

2

1

Answered . I am not certain I understand your question. If you are saying that you obtained lawful permanent residence through asylum, but that you were not the principal applicant, then you should not have a problem for having traveled to your country. Either way, you should consult an immigration attorney before applying to make certain that you are eligible and will not have any trouble.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues - if you are the derivative applicant you should not have a problem with DHS if you return to your home country.