Asylum

Asked almost 2 years ago - 33040

Can You take any actions if Your asylum case recommended for approval (and it's passed more than 10 month and didn't get anything from USCIS).
By the way my son has one petit theft misdemeanor and it was dismissed after he completed 6 month community service (pre trial diversion).
1.Is persons criminal record leads to recommendation for approval?
2. If Yes is his criminal record prevent us or him getting asylum case approved?

Thank You
Let me clarify my first question: If asylee has a criminal record,is it make authorities to investigate and check the backrounds,put holds (on them) like recommendation for approvals for a long time?

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your son's criminal history can certainly prevent approval of his application depending upon the specific facts. Additionally, it most certainly will lead to delays in the clearance of any background checks.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

4

1

Answered . I agree with attorney Devore. You can retain an attorney to intervene in the case if you are not currently working with one

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Anthony Meleika Aboseif

3

1

Answered . This may be contributing to the delay since background checks are performed. I recommend contacting a qualified immigration attorney to fully discuss your case.

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . A petit theft is a CIMT. If he did not disclose this case on his application and provide a complete certified copy of the case record he may have a problem with getting his asylum approved.