Skip to main content

Asylee travel

Macon, GA |


I am an asylee from Iran. I do not have a green card yet. I did not stay in the US illegally.

I want to go to Germany for a [ 6 months ] training course using my Refugee Travel Document that is valid till Feb 2014.

Is that OK ?

Attorney Answers 4


Yes, not a problem.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Yes it is okay. However, you may wish to consult with an immigration attorney and get the process started now for your green card.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree



J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful



Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics