Asylee citizenship application

Santa Ana, CA |

I am applying for citizenship, I have received my GC through asylum. I have renewed my COP passport 3 years ago, but never traveled to COP, only traveled to another country that is not even close to COP. Will I have any problems on the interview? What are the chances of reviewing my asylum application? Also, I had a speeding ticket and was found responsible in 2 accidents (NO DUI). Will that be an issue, too?

They will certainly ask you about renewing your passport. You should have travelled on an asylee travel document or reentry permit. However it should not stop you from getting U.S. citizenship. They can consider your driving record regarding good moral character.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

As a matter of fact, "certainly" did not apply as well. Neither I was asked about any of my travel documents, there were no questions about my renewal of the COP passport, nothing about my driving record, nada. What happened - we went through my application, I confirmed that all answers are correct, answered 6 history questions, passed my writing and reading test and was out in 15 minutes or so.

You should not have any problems with your citizenship application based on the travel.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Traveling to 3d countries should not be an issue and a speeding ticket would not cause any concern.

Traffic tickets topics