Assisted Living

Asked over 2 years ago - Boston, MA

Just today I was told by a [Professional Identity Removed by Avvo] for Assisted Living that the [Program Name Removed by Avvo] was only for AL Residents. (With all respect most AL Residents have memory issues and are greatly cared for or overseen by their families. In most cases it is unlikely that they know of or will call an [Program Name Removed by Avvo].) I have a strong complaint pending. I had a quick but urgent concern from weeks ago and it appears that the [Program Name Removed by Avvo] was told not to return the call. The Supervisor changed subjects to turn me away. I brought the issue up the ladder. This is crazy wrong. I know were it will end....

No different state than where I live. Avvo please remove.

1. E. Alexandra Golden

4

Answered . Please repost -- it's just not clear what your question may be, or who you are in relationship to the resident of the assisted living facility.

2. Brian E Barreira

2

1

Answered . For legal reasons, the ombudsman may be prevented from communicating directly with you. It is possible that the ombudsman is doing something but just can’t tell you. If you feel nothing positive is happening, perhaps you should contact the Council on Aging in that town and ask for help in filing an elder abuse complaint with the appropriate agency.

3. Brian S Wayson

2

Answered . Did you have a question? You excoriate the kind Ms. Golden for giving you helpful advice and then you say she has detracted from your question and yet you posted no question. You owe her an apology.