Assistance with filing a claim to City attorney's office

Asked 8 months ago - Denver, CO

I am unable to find an attorney who wants to take my case, because the damages are relatively small money-wise...although many have said/agreed I do have a case. I was referred by an attorney to file a claim against the city.

I recall that the attorney I did a consultation with, offered to sort of 'help me along the way' and help file the appropriate documents. 1 is in small claims court, and the other is with the city (for 2 separate responsible parties).

I'm just trying to figure out what are the next steps after I file the claim? However, I understand I have 182 days from the date of incident to file. I am still within that window, but I want to get started right away. But, I'm just like, how can I do this if an attorney won't take it? Or do I just wait and see what the city offers?

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

4

Answered . You need to sit down with an attorney to fully explain your concerns and guide your through the process.

2. Jason Carl Kennedy

1

Answered . Unfortunately, you have not posted enough information to give you any guidance about how to process your claims.

3. Michael Patrick Curry

1

Answered . The clock is ticking on your claim . . . .