Assistance with Administrative Processing "AP" for a DV visa lottery winner for 5 months now, the deadline is 30 September

Belgium, WI |
Filed under: Immigration

I am a DV visa winner"green card" and I am under administrative processing since 5 months now, is there any form of intervention from lawyer can accelerate my case to get my visa before 30 September?"the deadline of the DV program".

Thanks a lot.

If the are reasons to believe this AP is unreasonable, one way to try to speed it up is to have an attorney and ultimately political representatives intervene on your behalf. No guaranty of any success but at least you could give it a try.

Contact: 860-548-2629 or dbucin@uks.com. This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

2. Sorry, but nothing will help with the US consulate in Bruxelles. are you a native of Morocco by any chance? Consulate is powerless to issue you the visa prior to having your security checks cllear first. You should have filed in the US with USCIS and you shouldn't have faced this now.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. A lawyer could certainly inquire, but there really are no guarantees.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

4. You could ask for assistance from a local attorney or congressperson to find out what's going on. Good luck

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.