Asking someone to sign and affidavit politely smart or not smart?????

Sour Lake, TX |

I want to go talk to this guy and tell him my side and ask him to sign and affidavit politely..... the guy was looking like he didn't want to be involve on the scene due to the cops calling him over and over to get him on the scene I was not on his property when the cop pulled up. I was picking up scrap on the side of the road and a cop pulled behind me as I was about to leave and ask me what I was doing I said I seen items on the side of the road so I stopped to check it out than he search around and seen the gate that surrounded the building was burglarize and than check my trunk and seen one piece of scrap from the road I picked up . Now I'm charged with burglary of a building. I'm requesting a court appointed due to no funds or support financially. Should I try the affidavit route

1. I'm not sure what you are asking. what I'm understanding is that you were on a road, adjacent to a home that was burglarized, and the cops found an item from the home in your car.

I think you are doing the right thing by getting an attorney. Don't talk with anyone else about the event, for any reason.

Good luck

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

2. This is something best handled by your attorney.

www.court-martial.com; www.court-martial.us.com; mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. If you have been charged with burglary-you need a criminal defense attorney--not sure what you think this affidavit will do for you.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

4. I agree with the previous statements. You should provide your attorney with the name and contact information for this witness. An affidavit would most likely not be allowed in court as evidence. Do not talk to anyone about your case except for your attorney.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Makesha N. Nowell, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.