Asking me while intoxicated not at the initial incident.

Asked over 1 year ago - Pen Argyl, PA

I was a witness to a case and the officers didn't ask me a single thing and barely wanted my Id after the incident. I was the reason it started in the first place. But a week ago while I was under the influence they asked me what happened. I finally had the chance to tell them and they seemed to be twisting it around like it was the defendants fault. Then I get a call I'm being subpoenaed to court and was told again if I remembered what I had told them while under the influence. After telling them the same thing they are making me feel as though I lied about the incident. Another officer who dropped off the subpoena told me the can give me a lie detector test in court. I feel very uncomfortable and wonder if the cop car was recorded. Could they use it in court? And see im truthful?

1. Thomas Kenny

Pro

5

1

Answered . Lie detectors are not admissible in court. They can't tape record your voice without getting some court approval via a warrant. You should be given the opportunity to review your statement for accuracy.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . I confess I'm struggling to understand the circumstances you have described. If you've been subpoenaed you must appear at the location indicated at the appointed time. If called to testify, you are required to testify truthfully. No they can't make you submit to a polygraph examination anywhere, anytime. If you are concerned enough about the position you find yourself in, then I suggest you talk privately with one or more experienced criminal defense attorneys in your area.

3. Robert C. Keller

3

Answered . Mr. Jones had it right and it would be advisable to consult with him. Good luck.

4. William Ray Pelger

1

Answered . You need to tell an attorney the whole story so he can figure out what to do for you. Whatever you do, dont lie to the police or make false statements. You can be arrested for this.