Asking again as I worded the first question wrong "Delayed" rifle purchase from DOJ, not denied.

Chatsworth, CA |
Filed under: Civil rights

7-3-13 purchased rifle
7-8-13 I was advised my purchase was being delayed from DOJ
7-9-13 Copleted live scan process
7-15-13 Rx'ed CII with no convictions
7-16-13 Went to my court and got a certification of "no case on file, no criminal record"
7-16-13 Replied to DOJ through the reply process
7-30-13 Nothing received from DOJ

Seems odd, I just purchased a hand gun last year and in 2011 I had my CCW permits renewed. No problems, no issues.

Please adv,

Scott

1. Does seem odd.

Wondering why you are asking attorneys about the process. Do you believe you have a legal matter?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

2. You are probably more familiar with your gun rights than most attorneys.

3. Unfortunately, your post lack a question for the forum to address.

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.