Asked for msds sheets And was laid off

Asked over 1 year ago - Owosso, MI

was unloading Used hdpe pipe ,that was used for industrial potash Also was lead and senority guy on crew

1. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Do you have witnesses? Sounds like retaliation to me!

2. Cristine Wasserman Rathe

2

Answered . This is a tough one. If all you did was request the MSDS sheets without refusing to work in a hazardous condition or threaten to call OSHA or MIOSHA yourself, chances are that unless you are union, there will be nothing you can do. Michigan is by default an 'at will' employer which means an employer can lay you off, fire you, cut your hours or pay, pretty much whatever, so long as they do not do so because of race, national origin, age, gender, etc. Another exception is if you refuse to violate the law (work in a hazardous condition) or if you report or are about to report a suspected violation of law.

3. Mickey David Larson

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague, Ms. Rathe.