ASC Appointment...

Asked over 2 years ago - Oklahoma City, OK

I just received an ASC Appointment Notice. My spouse is the US petitioner and I am the beneficiary.
Does my spouse need to attend the ASC appointment with me, or is it alright if I go by myself? The appointment is scheduled for two weeks from today. Do I need to wait for the day scheduled on the notice, or may I go now? Thank you.

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Best Answer

Answered . As you correctly understand, you are a Beneficiary of the federal submission by your spouse who is the Petitioner in your case for immigration benefits (your AOS). Since the bona fide nature of your marriage is the central condition of your filing, it is very advisable to appear for the interview together.
    You must appear as directed at the time and place as indicated in the Notice.
    And, finally, it is crucial to be represented by a licensed immigration attorney during this matter to avoid misstatements, mistakes and unwarranted delays.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . No, your spouse does not need to go, it is only a photo/fingerprint session that will take 15-20 minutes. No, you can not go early ... they are busy people and are fully-booked every day.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law

FIRST 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION IS FREE (SKYPE or phone only). e-mail to set up a time that is convenient for both of us: franco@capriotti.com - 1-800-716-0055.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, WE CAN HELP. Our services are not limited by State, nor International bounderies. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on a website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking any action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or www.ailalawyer.com - If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . The ASC appointment is only for the person named on the appointment. If you go now, you risk being turned away. The reason for an appointment is to ensure that they can take care of you.