ASC Appointment...

Oklahoma City, OK |
Filed under: Immigration

I just received an ASC Appointment Notice. My spouse is the US petitioner and I am the beneficiary.
Does my spouse need to attend the ASC appointment with me, or is it alright if I go by myself? The appointment is scheduled for two weeks from today. Do I need to wait for the day scheduled on the notice, or may I go now? Thank you.

As you correctly understand, you are a Beneficiary of the federal submission by your spouse who is the Petitioner in your case for immigration benefits (your AOS). Since the bona fide nature of your marriage is the central condition of your filing, it is very advisable to appear for the interview together.
    You must appear as directed at the time and place as indicated in the Notice.
    And, finally, it is crucial to be represented by a licensed immigration attorney during this matter to avoid misstatements, mistakes and unwarranted delays.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

2. No, your spouse does not need to go, it is only a photo/fingerprint session that will take 15-20 minutes. No, you can not go early ... they are busy people and are fully-booked every day.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law

FIRST 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION IS FREE (SKYPE or phone only). e-mail to set up a time that is convenient for both of us: franco@capriotti.com - 1-800-716-0055.

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, WE CAN HELP. Our services are not limited by State, nor International bounderies. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on a website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking any action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or www.ailalawyer.com - If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

3. The ASC appointment is only for the person named on the appointment. If you go now, you risk being turned away. The reason for an appointment is to ensure that they can take care of you.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.