As you are aware that category F4 is suffering from backlog and the process is taking over 12 years, who can solve the problem?

Miami, FL |

My brother applied I-130 for me in 2005 and received the acceptance letter from USCIS after couple of months. Later, I received the approval letter from USCIS in 2008. Today (24th August 2013), I checked the Visa Bulletin to know the status, it is mentioned that they are processing applications submitted in July 2001. Therefore, according to my calculation it will take another four years to reach 2005. After 12 years I will grow old and weak. Is it worth going to USA after 12 years?

it is up to you and your brother to answer the "Is it worth" quesiton.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

This post illustrates the problems with legal vs. illegal immigration pretty clearly.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

I guess you are better qualified than any of us here to answer whether it's worth it or not. If I was in your situation, I would be happy to wait another five years to come here, but that's me.

Whether you want to come when your priority date becomes current is us to you. Unfortunately, Congress dictates the number of immigrant visas made available and siblings of U.S. citizens is the bottom of the barrel. Congress created the problem. Only Congress can fix it.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Hello Ma'am. Have you considered business or investor visas? Regards.

Recommended articles about Immigration