As per the Gang of Eight's immigration reform bill I'm eligible but i have few questions to ask.

Asked over 1 year ago - Mableton, GA

1) How soon an undocumented can apply for this after the President has sign the bill?

2) If i apply and get the Registered Provisional Immigrant Status and my dad is about to get the green card through Employment based visa (EB-2) can he also mention my name to get the green card or do i have to wait 10 years as per the bill

3) the bill also says that i can travel out of country after how long can i travel to my home country and would it a problem for re-entry

4) this is for my lot of friends who are on F-1 visa can they also apply for this if they entered in the country before 31,dec 2011

1. David Nabow Soloway

5

Answered . As others already have replied, the Senate has NOT yet passed any Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill, and even that would be just a first step in the process of eventually enacting a new law. There is little reasons to believe that any eventual new law will closely resemble a newly introduced bill, and it is far premature to address specific questions of the type posted on Avvo. It is not, however, premature to send letters, emails and calls to Senators and Congress Representatives! I urge everyone who reads this, attorneys and non-attorneys alike, to re-double contacts to elected officials to urge Comprehensive Immigration Reform to remedy our broken immigration legal system. Tell your friends, too!

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

4

Answered . No one knows.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Answered . We do not know the exact specifics of the law. It is just a proposed bill and is not law yet.

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Save your energy . There is nothing specific yet. These are just proposals. The final bill. When passed, might look very different. Stay tuned.

5. Danny Garmo

2

Answered . This is not LAW yet, just a proposal!! Stay tuned!!

6. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Nothing has been introduced yet.

See links below:

http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform

http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform/...

7. Gloria Cardenas Conn

Pro

Answered . These questions cannot be answered now. There is no new law. This is simply a bill that will be debated.

An exceptional AILA immigration attorney with 22 years of experience who can be reached at 801 656 9605.