As per situation stated above. I was involved in a one car accident which was was my fault. DWI ticket issued to me. Medical

Asked almost 4 years ago - Lake Charles, LA

payments were paid by health carrier at 80% and I paid the remainder of the debt to each entity. Now the health carrier is heading up an investigation 3 1/2 years after the initial accident. Accident date August 10, 2007. What are the statutes of limitations? Can they recover this enormous amount? What leans can they put on my property, savings and retirement?

1. David Nelson Jolly

Pro

1

Answered . As an FYI, I would refile this question with a different heading (ie. Medical Claims and Statute of Limitations) as this question appears for DUI attorneys. Hopefully the new heading will get you to a lawyer who specifically works in this field (as opposed to us DUI attorneys)
    DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

1

Answered . Understand that the insurance carrier is your adversary; they have placed you in a defense posture. Seek legal counsel - Avvo, local bar association, someone you trust and respect - Jeff Adams

3. Brian C. Pascale

Pro

1

Answered . Definitely refile this question under a heading involving insurance claims as opposed to personal injury. Best of luck.

4. Terry Bryant

1

Answered . To receive proper responses, I would definitely repost this question under a different heading, such as subrogation or medical liens. State statutes usually address the various types of liens and the proper enforcement mechanisms, including the applicable statute of limitations. These are unique to your specific state.