As I licensed childcare provider, can I videotape my state inspections by the Dept of Human Services?

Colorado Springs, CO |
Filed under: Business

What are the legalities since my home is a business? What if the DHS rep does not want to be taped? I am legally bound as a licensed childcare provider to allow them in my home.

Thank you

1. You need permission from no one to videotape anyone anytime anywhere on or property and in your home. You should make clear that you have cameras for that purpose.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation with Mr. Bryans, call The Bryans Law Office at (303) 832-2930.

2. I agree that you able to videotape the visit to your home. Just make it clear to the inspector that there cameras on during the inspection.

3. You can post signs indicating that the premises are being video recorded. The sign must be in an obvious place with appropriate sized letters. It would be in your best interest to contact an attorney that will pull any laws for you. I would suggest the other attorneys that have responded as they seem to know the area of law.

Marijuana is against federal law. Federal law supersedes state law. A person could be charged and convicted for marijuana related crimes such as possession, cultivation, distribution, manufacturing, transportation, and conspiracy.

Business topics