As an unmarried mother, am I entitled to more than just childsupport?

Asked over 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

My daughter, now-ex-boyfriend, and I just moved here from the east coast to live with with his mother for extra support. He has decided to break up with me because I can't have anymore children. Now 3000 miles away from family and home, I need to know what my options are.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Charles Schwerin

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Child support plus add on expenses such as medical expenses and day care. That's all. You may want to have a consultation with a local family law attorney to discuss your situation.

    Michael is in San Jose, California and can be reached at 408-295-4232 or at Consultation... more
  2. Morvarid Mary Moshrefi


    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . You have several issues to address at this point, including child custody, visitation and support. You may also have a right to have your attorney fees paid by him if the legal requirements are met. There are additional facts needed to correctly answer your question. We offer a free consultation should you wish to confidentially discuss your case. 559-439-9999.

    The answer is based upon the limited information provided and does not create an attorney-client privileged... more
  3. Rodney Richard Rusca

    Contributor Level 5

    Answered . Does he have money? Is he the father? How long have you been here? Where do you want to stay/go? Answers to these questions may lead to more questions. You could be stuck with Calworks, but there is a system in place not to leave you stranded. Feel free to contact us for a free consultation.

Related Topics

Mother's rights in child custody

Mother's rights covers the parental rights of the mother. These rights primarily relate to child custody, visitation, and child support.

Wendy J. Norman

Mothers’ Rights

A mother has certain legal rights pertaining to her children. When a mother needs legal assistance with child custody, support, visitation or paternity, a family law attorney can advise her... more

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,715 answers this week

3,056 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,715 answers this week

3,056 attorneys answering