As an immigrant, do I have to notify USCIS if I'm moving to a different apartment in the same building?

Burien, WA |

We're just moving one floor down, and am wondering if we need to still submit notification.

.

1. Yes.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

2. Yes, submit an AR-11. You can do it online www.uscis.gov

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

3. Will your mail find its way "one floor down"? What if you get an important notice from the immigration services?

The statutes specify that aliens must notify the government of permanent changes of address. Failing to comply with this requirement is a basis for deportation from the US. If the government wants an alien out of the US, the government will throw this charge in with all the other charges.

Most persons can file the AR-11 online for free at www.uscis.gov . Filing the form takes less than five minutes if you have the information ready. Why would you want to give the government a reason to deport you?