As an immigrant, do I have to notify USCIS if I'm moving to a different apartment in the same building?

Asked over 2 years ago - Burien, WA

We're just moving one floor down, and am wondering if we need to still submit notification.


Attorney answers (3)

  1. Neil Ian Fleischer

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, submit an AR-11. You can do it online

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more
  2. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Will your mail find its way "one floor down"? What if you get an important notice from the immigration services?

    The statutes specify that aliens must notify the government of permanent changes of address. Failing to comply with this requirement is a basis for deportation from the US. If the government wants an alien out of the US, the government will throw this charge in with all the other charges.

    Most persons can file the AR-11 online for free at . Filing the form takes less than five minutes if you have the information ready. Why would you want to give the government a reason to deport you?

  3. Dave Hawkins


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes.

    The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,641 answers this week

3,219 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,641 answers this week

3,219 attorneys answering