As a withholding of removal grantee, is it possible to change my status after my parents earn their citizenship?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

I am 24 years old, and was granted a withholding of removal status for failing to meet the 1 year rule on asylum applications. Is there any hope for adjustment if I have immediate relatives who are citizens? Namely both parents and both of my sisters.

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

Answered . the problem is because you are 24, your parents would not be considered immediate relatives. it maybe would be possible if you were grandfathered under 245(i), and time passes for a priority date

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . No because you have been ordered removed but granted withholding of removal. You would first have to get your case reopened before adjusting status. Your immediate relatives can however, file I-130s for you now. Seek help from an experienced immigration attorney to help.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with attorney Murphy.

4. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

Answered . It would be a good idea to file the I-130 first and then seek to reopen your case before the immigration court.