Skip to main content

As a victim, I don't want to incriminate myself or have something turned around while speaking to officials. Representation?

Kansas City, KS |

I have brought up the criminal aspect to local authority. After getting a "field report" I was mortified as this (which I have more evidence) was either a bomb or someone making it look as if there was a bomb on my vehicle. To be blunt, I don't know if it was small town police or...something. I have made many excuses and need to get closure. Most importantly, I don't want this to happen to someone else. I believe this to be a hate crime in which I have the evidence to pursue further investigation.

Attorney Answers 3


Even if you haven't been charged with anything (yet), it is always a good idea to have your attorney present when being questioned by the police (especially if you have reason to believe that criminal charges are likely to be brought against you).

Ms. Berjis is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Confusing post.

You have evidence of a crime you want to turn over,having already reported something--but you're afraid you will be charged if you do, is that right? Recommend you meet with a criminal defense attorney before you do anything else.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I suggest you talk to a lawyer if you have more evidence you like to disclosure, but afraid you could be charged if you do so. It's always better to talk to a lawyer and let her/him assist you in the preliminary stages rather than gave statement to law enforcement which may incriminate you. If you have more questions you can call or email me. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics