As a tenant in the state of Arizona, can the management of the property inforce how much traffic comes to see you?

Glendale, AZ |

the management has said we have ten days to stop the excessive traffic stopping by our apartment or they will have to do something. My lease doesnt state how much traffic can stop by.

1. The least favorite response: it depends! The immediate question that comes to mind is: why do you have so much traffic? Do you just have lots of friends, or, are you running a business of some kind out of the rental property in violation of your lease? Regardless, the need to review your lease is critical to providing you with a definitive answer.

Accessing this website or receiving an electronic transmission from Nagle Law Group, P.C., or any specific attorney at Nagle Law Group, P.C., does not create an attorney-client relationship or any other duty on the part of Nagle Law Group, P.C. An attorney-client relationship is only created upon an express agreement with an attorney at Nagle Law Group, P.C.

2. As the previous answer states, you need to have your lease reviewed by an attorney. You may not think the lease covers the amount of traffic you may have but there may be clauses that are not obvious but could be invoked by the management company. An attorney should be able to quickly review the lease and give you an opinion.

Please note that any comments made are intended as general information only and not specific legal advice. No legal representation is offered without a written and signed Fee Agreement.

3. I agree with the other posting attorneys. You need to talk with an attorney with your lease in hand. The amount of traffic to your door may be disturbing the "quiet enjoyment" of other tenants either due to the number of people or the level of noise that they make. The landlord might also be looking at whether the traffic to your door is a health and safety issue. You did not identify how much "traffic" comes to see you, so you will have to review the specific facts with the attorney.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed in Arizona and can only provide general comments on matters outside of Arizona law. Actual legal advice can only be provided after a direct consultation in which all of the relevant facts are considered before providing a response.

4. I have to agree with the other posters and suggest you have an attorney review your lease. There may have been complaints about the amount of "traffic" and in that case, the property management company has a responsibility to other tenants to try to put a stop to it. Usually leases don't have a "traffic" clause but often they do contain clauses that say that you're not allowed to run or manage a business out of the property, that you're not allowed to engage in loud or disruptive behavior, or that you're not allowed to have visitors stay for more than a certain number of days without checking in with the company. A review of the lease will be the best way to find out what you could be accused of violating.

This answer is to provide you with information and resources only. It does not indicate that my office represents you in this or other matters.

Landlord-tenant law topics