Skip to main content

As a stepmother, do I have any legal rights to visitation with my stepson while my husband is overseas due to the military?

Scott Depot, WV |

The mother is denying myself and the childs biological grandmother visitation, is she allowed to do so? My husband the boys father is currently serving overseas with the military in Korea.

Attorney Answers 1


Under WV law step parents can sometimes have visitation rights. Not always by any means. Perhaps you should consult an attorney if this is an issue for you.

This reply is for informational purposes only and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship. You should consult an attorney for any legal advice.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics