As a rape victim do I have a right to obtain the rape kit results?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Morgantown, WV

Do I need to hire an attorney to file a subpoena to get my results from the police or the hospital?

The police did such a horrendous job in the investigation (for example they lost evidence and statements) that the case was not filed by the DA. I want to sue for this bad investigation but I can't get my rape kit results.

Pro

6

1

Answered . Call the DA.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . I don't know the answer to your question, but I would expect that you could find it out by talking with local attorneys experienced in handling sex crime cases. I'm assuming you have already tried, without success, to get information for the police, hospital, and prosecutor's office. If you haven't tried I would. You could also Google "victims rights in West Virginia" Finally a rape crisis center, of which I have to believe there are some in Morgantown could be of assistance to you on multiple levels. Good luck.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

3

Answered . Yes. Call the DA.

4. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . Contact the Rape and Domestic Violence Information Center:

RDVIC
    P.O. Box 4228
    Morgantown, WV, 26505
    Phone: 304-292-5100
    Fax: 304-292-0204
    Website: www.rdvic.org

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.