Skip to main content

As a pro se litigant In Clayton County Superior Court, I have been responding to all motions via USPS Certified Mail.

College Park, GA |

Respondent, unfortunately through her legal aid attorney is filing motion after motion after motion. What other ways can I respond legally that will not be so expensive or free?

Attorney Answers 3


You can serve the responses by hand. Or, if the opposing attorney agrees and you both file a formal stipulation with the court, you can serve the responses by email. In either case, you should be sure to attach a formal Certificate of Service with every response.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

3 lawyers agree


Certified mail is not required.

The DiGiulio Law Firm, LLC. Phone: 888-540-4529 Website: Atlanta, Marietta, Lawrencevile, Duluth, Alpharetta, Buckhead The above answer is for general information purposes and is offered as a service to the public. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, reviews or other communications, including the above post, should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation or relied upon as a substitute for engaging legal counsel, nor does it constitute advertising or a solicitation. Viewing the general information here, including your receipt or transmission of information hereof does not alone create or constitute an attorney-client relationship or ensure confidentiality. Please contact 770-309-9551 for additional questions or to schedule for your free phone consultation. If this question or answer pertains to bankruptcy, please be advised that we are a federal debt relief agency. One of our areas of practice is to help people file for bankruptcy relief and protection under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You are doing fine if you are following all the rules.

What it sounds like though, is that you are not doing things right thus causing motion after motion after motion to be done so that the rules and laws are followed. This is usual in a pro se case in my experience.

If you really want to get it done right, less expensively and quickly, hire a lawyer. in almost ever situation, that is the least expensive way to go.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Litigation topics

Recommended articles about Litigation

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics