As a political asylee, am I entitled to leave the U.S on a travel document,yet enter a foreign country on my egyptian passport?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I need to travel on Nov. 6, urgently and have just been informed that as an egyptian, in order to enter lebanon, I may need to issue a visa on my travel documents which will take between 6 - 8 weeks. Can I leave the U.S with my travel documents, and enter Lebanon with my egyptian passport (which entitles me to issue a visa on the spot in beirut airport). i'm very tight on time and am trying to find the speediest solution.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, but it would very unwise.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. Madhu Kalra


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleague that you should apply for emergency visa issuance.

    Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you want to return to the US ... DO NOT USE THAT PASSPORT.

    File for an emergency visa stamp in your Refugee Travel Document.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics

Green card holders and travel

Leaving the United States without filing a reentry form may cause the authorities to believe you have abandoned your permanent residency.


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,917 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,917 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering