As a political asylee, am I entitled to leave the U.S on a travel document,yet enter a foreign country on my egyptian passport?

Asked 9 months ago - New York, NY

I need to travel on Nov. 6, urgently and have just been informed that as an egyptian, in order to enter lebanon, I may need to issue a visa on my travel documents which will take between 6 - 8 weeks. Can I leave the U.S with my travel documents, and enter Lebanon with my egyptian passport (which entitles me to issue a visa on the spot in beirut airport). i'm very tight on time and am trying to find the speediest solution.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Yes, but it would very unwise.

2. Madhu Kalra

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague that you should apply for emergency visa issuance.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . If you want to return to the US ... DO NOT USE THAT PASSPORT.

File for an emergency visa stamp in your Refugee Travel Document.