As a political asylee, am I entitled to leave the U.S on a travel document,yet enter a foreign country on my egyptian passport?

New York, NY |

I need to travel on Nov. 6, urgently and have just been informed that as an egyptian, in order to enter lebanon, I may need to issue a visa on my travel documents which will take between 6 - 8 weeks. Can I leave the U.S with my travel documents, and enter Lebanon with my egyptian passport (which entitles me to issue a visa on the spot in beirut airport). i'm very tight on time and am trying to find the speediest solution.

If you want to return to the US ... DO NOT USE THAT PASSPORT.

File for an emergency visa stamp in your Refugee Travel Document.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Yes, but it would very unwise.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

I agree with my colleague that you should apply for emergency visa issuance.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.thekalrafirm.com