As a landlord what is the next step if tenant does not leave on date stated on Unlawful Detainer Stipulation and Judgment?

Asked 5 months ago - Hawthorne, CA

After a long time of going through the eviction process the tenant signed an unlawful detainer stipulation and judgment. This form states how much back rent they owe and the date and time in which they agreed to leave. The issue is that the tenant is very experienced with making every process longer and I do not trust them. What is the next step I should take if tenant does not leave on date stated, does not pay and damages the property?

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Record the judgment and obtain possession with the police.

2. Anthony Marinaccio

Pro

Answered . It would depend on what judgment says. Typically, if a tenant stays after the time allowed for in the Stipulation, you can generally apply for a writ of possession to have the Sheriff evict the tenant. If you represented yourself, you may want to hire an attorney to handle the process.