As a landlord how do i get possession of my unit the lessee died and her daughter moved in and is there not on the lease.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

The daughter that is not on the lease and the property of the lessee which has died is in the unit. I tried to contact the daughter and she is not engaging in communication.

1. Dennis Andrew Chen

Pro

5

Answered . Is she paying rent? If she pays the rent and you accept it then you have a landlord-tenant relationship. If she has not paid any rent, then you may have to file an unlawful detainer action. Either way, you are probably better off retaining an attorney for this problem.