As a landlord how do i get possession of my unit the lessee died and her daughter moved in and is there not on the lease.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

The daughter that is not on the lease and the property of the lessee which has died is in the unit. I tried to contact the daughter and she is not engaging in communication.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Dennis Andrew Chen


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Is she paying rent? If she pays the rent and you accept it then you have a landlord-tenant relationship. If she has not paid any rent, then you may have to file an unlawful detainer action. Either way, you are probably better off retaining an attorney for this problem.

    I provide a free 15 minute telephone consult for security deposit claims and eviction defense. No attorney-client... more

Related Topics

Landlord-tenant law

Landlord-tenant law is governed mostly by state laws, and covers issues like security deposit limits and deadlines, evictions, and the right to withhold rent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,092 answers this week

2,324 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,092 answers this week

2,324 attorneys answering