As a home improvement contractor can I sue a customer for harassment ?

Jamaica, NY |
Filed under: Home improvements

Offensive language (castration gestures) , repeatedly called " a woman" "drama queen" " primadonna", told repeatedly to "jump out the window", to me and my helper.
Tried and succeeded to have services and not pay for.

Is there a reason why nobody is answering ?

Dear contractor:

New York State does not recognize a cause of action ( that is a legal claim) for civil harassment.

Another way to sue based on your facts may be available but it would not be harassment.

If you are interested in bringing a lawsuit, consult with an attorney, who may discover that you have a recognized cause of action and that there is a chance for real money damages.

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

thank you

Steven Warren Smollens

Steven Warren Smollens

OK Good luck.

As my colleague indicates, there is no civil cause of action for harassment. If the customer did not pay for your services, you may have a claim for payment under a different legal theory (your description is not clear if you got paid for your services).

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.

Thank you. Is not this agravated bullying ? Is not the money that I am looking for, I want the atorney fees and a misdeameanor penalty . It did make my life hell whille completing thge job there. In 20 years of work experience never seen anythingh close.

Recommended articles about Real estate