As a first time home buyer, what should I talk about with my real estate lawyer?

Seattle, WA |

I've signed the contract with a 30 day settlement. My lawyer wants to meet next week, but I'm not sure what if anything I need to talk with him about.

.

Most of your legal rights are set when you sign the contract. An attorney will be of more value to your while you can still negotiate the contract. Before speaking to an attorney, read the contract over carefully. Mark those provisions that you have questions about or do not understand. Discuss those with the attorney. Also ask the attorney if there is anything unusual in the contract. Good luck.

The advice given is general for information purposes only and should not be relied on. You should consult with an attorney of your choice to fully advise you about your legal rights and obligations.

Your attorney probably does not need you to ask questions. He/she will review the purchase agreement and title report, which is critical, and advise you of any concerns or issues. I would also recommend that you have the property inspected. Consultation with your attorney will be money well spent.

West Law Offices, PS provides the information on this Web site for informational purposes only. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with both answers and your money and time will be well spent finding out what your rights and responsabilities will be in this deal

Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes