As a first time home buyer, what should I talk about with my real estate lawyer?

Asked about 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

I've signed the contract with a 30 day settlement. My lawyer wants to meet next week, but I'm not sure what if anything I need to talk with him about.

.

1. Irving A Sonkin

1

Answered . Most of your legal rights are set when you sign the contract. An attorney will be of more value to your while you can still negotiate the contract. Before speaking to an attorney, read the contract over carefully. Mark those provisions that you have questions about or do not understand. Discuss those with the attorney. Also ask the attorney if there is anything unusual in the contract. Good luck.

2. Robert Emmett West JR

1

Answered . Your attorney probably does not need you to ask questions. He/she will review the purchase agreement and title report, which is critical, and advise you of any concerns or issues. I would also recommend that you have the property inspected. Consultation with your attorney will be money well spent.

3. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

Answered . I agree with both answers and your money and time will be well spent finding out what your rights and responsabilities will be in this deal