As a Domestic Violence Victim, Does the case shows on your records and will it effect your H1 work permit renewal.

Irvine, CA |

I am here on H1 Work permit and recently I was involved in Domestic Violence as a Victim because of my GF. She was the one who called the Cops and ended up getting her arrested and being charged. Cops took my pics as I had scars on my face and was beaten up and the house was thrashed with Glasses and bottles. She has accepted the charges.

I just want to confirm that as Domestic Violence Victim will this effect my H1 renewal, will this case be shown in my records. The case will not be shown on my name or on my records ever

Since you were the victim the incident will have no bearing on your renewal and you do not have to discuss or disclose it

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Will this also have no impact on my re-stamping, Will they come to know that I was a Domestic Violence Victim

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

No. The fact that you were a victim is not relevant, unless you were also a perpetrator, and you have indicated that you were not.

Thanks for your advice. Really Appreciate that, I was so much concerned

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

You are welcome. No need for concern.

The USCIS will not treat you adversely because you were a victim of a crime. You need not worry about how that will effect your renewal. If you were charged with a crime my answer might be different.

So just to make sure this will not have any effect on H1 Renewal. Will they be able to see this in their records that I was a Domestic Violence Victim

Eric Elliot Ludin

Eric Elliot Ludin

I don't think so.

It will not affect you.