As a Domestic Violence Victim, Does the case shows on your records and will it effect your H1 work permit renewal.

Irvine, CA |

I am here on H1 Work permit and recently I was involved in Domestic Violence as a Victim because of my GF. She was the one who called the Cops and ended up getting her arrested and being charged. Cops took my pics as I had scars on my face and was beaten up and the house was thrashed with Glasses and bottles. She has accepted the charges.

I just want to confirm that as Domestic Violence Victim will this effect my H1 renewal, will this case be shown in my records. The case will not be shown on my name or on my records ever

Since you were the victim the incident will have no bearing on your renewal and you do not have to discuss or disclose it

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. The USCIS will not treat you adversely because you were a victim of a crime. You need not worry about how that will effect your renewal. If you were charged with a crime my answer might be different.

3. It will not affect you.