As a dependent, how can I prove my "economic necessity" to qualify for the deferred action work permit?

Asked over 1 year ago - City Of Industry, CA

I am 18 years old and a dependent under my parents. I qualify for deferred action. My question is regarding the I-765 Worksheet form. The form only asks for three pieces of financial information; namely "my current income", "my current annual expenses", "the current value of my assets". Instructions on the form state: "It is not necessary to submit supporting documentation, though it will be accepted and reviewed if you choose to submit it." As a dependent, should I state my parents' income and expenses?

Also, there is an "additional information" section to provide an explanation of whatever I do put down.

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . By documenting your income and your expenses.

2. Sanjay Augustine Paul

1

Answered . Speak to a qualified immigration attorney. There is more at stake here than you think.

Best of luck,

Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    www.dreamlawca.com
    (888) 373-2602

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.