As a Defendant in a Consent Judgment, am I required by law to complete a Disclosure of Assets if the Plaintiff requests it?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

Entering into a Consent Judgment with my homeowners association to pay outstanding dues. When they dropped off the agreement for me to sign, they included a Disclosure of Assets form. Am I required to give them all that info? The judgment amount is $7000.

1. Daniel Dwight Bowen

Answered . Mr. Riddle is correct. You may wish to have an attorney review the Consent Judgment. If the consent judgment provides for payment over time, then the HOA would not be entitled to conduct discovery in aid of its judgment until you defaulted.

2. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

Answered . If a judgment is entered against you, the plaintiff generally has a right to post-judgment discovery (incl. depositions) to try to find accounts and assets. The penalty for not responding is contempt and possible jail if it goes that far (rare, but it happens).