Professional
legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

As a beneficiary can I stop the rest of the beneficiaries and pr from pulling up to the deceased home with a uhaul and emptying

My father had an inheritance . When he died he left an amount to my brother and I. But because his wife's name was on all accts. my fathers wishes were not respected. She (my stepmother) died 5 weeks later and I am listed along with her four children in her will. I am being left out of everything. Do I have rights?

Fort Walton Beach, FL -

Keith G Langer

Keith G Langer

Debt Collection Attorney - Wrentham, MA

"She (my stepmother) died 5 weeks later and I am listed along with her four children in her will."

Then you have standing to demand the probate of the estate and an accounting thereof. To do this, you would do well to have an attorney; the state and county bar associations for the location of your stepmother's estate can provide referrals.

Act soon, before the entire estate is dissipated.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Estate Planning Attorney - Largo, FL

Joint accounts go to the survivor and then his wife could do as she pleases-sorry.

Eric Jerome Gold

Eric Jerome Gold

Probate Attorney - Calabasas, CA

If everything was in jointly titled accounts, and your stepmother survived your father, her estate should be disposed of according to her wishes. You indicated that you are "listed" in her will. You should immediately consult a local probate attorney for an in depth analysis of your situation.